BBQ Classic “THE DOUBLE”
The Smoke-n-Thunder Barbeque Classic presented by Southern Q Smokers-Trailers is an official Kansas City Barbeque Society (KSBS) sanctioned double event — the largest society of barbeque enthusiasts in the world. The competition is also an official Georgia BBQ Championship (GBC) contest. The 2015 BBQ Classic will be breaking new ground by conducting North Georgia’s first professional division “DOUBLE COMPETITION.”
The SNT BBQ Classic competition will feature a Professional Division double competition scheduled back-to-back with a unique (Friday-Saturday) & (Saturday-Sunday) competition profile. The Back-Yard Division competition returns with a (Saturday-Sunday) competition profile. These three competitions provide the perfect interface platforms for the air show fans, sponsors, media and competition teams giving everyone a better appreciation as to what Professional BBQ Competition is all about!
The SNT BBQ Classic “The Double” provides a cash purse and awards package exceeding $25,000. In addition to the Saturday & Sunday Professional Division Grand & Reserve Champion honors, there will be an overall “DOUBLE GRAND CHAMPION” crowned on Sunday from the combined two-day points results taking home the $2,500 check & trophy.
The KCBS judges are looking for three things: Taste – Appearance – Tenderness. The BBQ Classic team competition applications and KCBS certified judging applications are available below for download. You can also follow all the action at our Smoke-n-Thunder Facebook page!
With this new opportunity, we are expecting more than 60 professional and back-yard division barbeque competitors from throughout the Southeast to gather at Rome’s Russell Regional Airport this October 3-4 during the 4th annual Wings Over North Georgia air show and SNT BBQ Classic competition weekend.
Another key announcement, we’ll be continuning the extended Saturday evening show hours from 4-30-8:30pm for the fans to enjoy the BBQ Classic, Music, International Foods & Beverages. The Saturday evening activities will be headlined by county music’s legend “The Charlie Daniels Band“ concert and Fireworks Grand Finale.
We’re convinced the 2015 Smoke-n-Thunder BBQ Classic “DOUBLE” is sure to stir up everyone’s appetites and provide that suspenseful competition and entertainment for all the fans and competitors alike.
Come experience the air show & BBQ Classic competition excitement this fall in Rome to see who will try unseating the reigning 2014 Grand Champion “CHECKERED PIG” as the Sat & Sun Smoke-n-Thunder BBQ Classic Grand Champions and BBQ Classic Double-Grand Champion is crowned.
Additional Contact Information
Scott Smith, BBQ Classic Director — (770) 547-0110
Julie Cook, BBQ Classic Judge Coordinator — (404) 202-7881
2015 BBQ Classic Applications
REGISTER HERE TO WIN THIS CUSTOM BUILT SOUTHERN-Q PROFESSIONAL BBQ CLASSIC COMPETITION SMOKER!
2015 SNT BBQ Classic Competition Teams
(D) Double Competitions (S) Single Competition
Professional Division — (Fri-Sat Comp #1) & (Sat-Sun Comp #2)
- Checkered Pig — Tommy Houston, Pitmaster (D) Martinsville, VA “DEFENDING GRAND CHAMPION”
- Plum Superior BBQ — David Burkhead, Pitmaster (S) Cumming, GA
- Willingham’s Village Porkers — Paul Holden, Pitmaster (D) Powder Springs, GA
- Under The Radar-TN — Allen Klem, Pitmaster (D) Kingsport, TN
- Old Plantation BBQ — Michael Moore, Pitmaster (D) Rome, GA
- Southern Thunder — Rick Pasch, Pitmaster (D) Marietta, GA
- Uncle Bud’s BBQ — Dave Amend, Pitmaster (S) Marietta, GA
- Q-inator! — Alan Gayton, Pitmaster (S) Calhoun, GA
- Meat Militia — Andy Brent, Pitmaster (D) Alpharetta, GA
- Big L’s Sweet Heat — Lester Jenkins, Pitmaster (D) Cartersville, GA
- The Grateful Pig GA — Jerry Gowen, Pitmaster (S) Columbus, GA
- Poraholics BBQ — Warren Phelps, Pitmaster (D) Gainesville, GA
- Uncultured Swine — Kelly Snyder, Pitmaster (D) Jefferson City, TN
- Jacks Old South — Myron Mixon, Pitmaster (D) Unadilla, GA
- Hootie Q — Sandy Autry, Pitmaster (D) Winder, GA
- Pappy’s BBQ — Karl Warren, Pitmaster (S) Nashville, TN
- Firehouse Smokers TN — Terry Chandler, Pitmaster (D) Seymour, TN
- Pig Whisperers — Chris Goodwin, Pitmaster (D) Milledgeville, GA
- Owls Nest BBQ — Steve Ray, Pitmaster (S) Ooltewah, TN
- Runway Smoke — Michael Barczak, Pitmaster (D) Atlanta, GA
- Atlanta BBQ Store — Randy Boswell, Pitmaster (D) Gainesville, GA
- Serial Griller — Mark Breen, Pitmaster (D) Seaford, VA
- Stewbabys BBQ — Chad Stewart, Pitmaster (D) Rome, GA
- Bub-Ba-Q — William Latimer, Pitmaster (D) Woodstock, GA
- Hoggy Bottom Boys –Rusty Edwards, Pitmaster (D) Chuckey, TN
- Q-Addicts — Brian Stanford, Pitmaster (S) Suches, GA
- Choo Choo Train BBQ — Jamie Theis, Pitmaster (D) Marietta, GA
- Roast Beast BBQ — Jonathan Calhoun, Pitmaster (D) Sandy Springs, GA
- The Pig Easy — Mike Alvares, Pitmaster (S) Huntsville, AL
- Big Daddy Q — Jim McCoin, Pitmaster (D) Okeechobee, FL
“Back-Yard Division — (Sat-Sun Comp Only)
- Saucy Swine & Bovine — Phil Manzi, Pitmaster (Suwanee, GA) “Defending Grand Champion”
- The Fat Guyz — Robert Holt, Pitmaster (Adairsville, GA)
- Twissted Smoke — Kevin Twiss, Pitmaster (Alpharetta, GA)
- Baldy’s Butts — Calvin Broom, Pitmaster (Cartersville, GA)
- Twisted Pig — Steve Drake, Pitmaster (Rome, GA)
- Navy Blue BBQ — Terry Meadows, Pitmaster (Rome, GA)
- Smokey Adams — Derek Adams, Pitmaster (Summerville, GA)
- Advanced Smokeconomics — Thomas Doran, Pitmaster (Smyrna, GA)
- Hickory Flat BBQ Co — Robbie Kennedy, Pitmaster (Canton, GA)
- Pappy’s BBQ — Adam Warren, Pitmaster (Nashville, TN)
- Swine Dining — Anthony Mullins, Pitmaster (Roswell, GA)
- Wade’s — Jon wade, Pitmaster (Rome, GA)
- Team Porknado — Ed Gaile, Pitmaster (Atlanta, GA)
- Smokin’ Coles BBQ — Marc Cole, Pitmaster (Dallas, GA)
- Bama Que’n & Brew’n — Jeff Maxwell, Pitmaster (Valley Head, AL)
- BHR Big Butts BBQ — Tim Stephens, Pitmaster (Villa Rica, GA)
- The Pig Easy — Karen Alvares, Pitmaster (Huntsville, AL)